Workshop ” Needs and Gaps on Standards for Renewable Energy: Actions to Facilitate the Best Use of Standardisation for Renewables
24th October 2012 • Co-organised with International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
This workshop will be organized jointly by the International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in Bonn, Germany on 24 October 2012.
This workshop will address the required actions to identify and address priority needs in standardization for renewable energy technologies, in order to contribute to the massive scale-up of clean energy around the world. The objective of this workshop is to receive feedback from experts concerning priority needs concerning standards for renewable energy technologies, required actions to address these needs, and the potential role of IRENA, UNIDO and ICTSD to support these actions.
The participants will be a small group of experts involved in renewable energy standardization, who will discuss the following topics:
· Trade in renewable energy technologies
· Harmonization of standards
· Certification and accreditation
· Incorporation of standards into national regulatory frameworks (policy makers’ perspective)
· Developing country participation in the development process of international standards
· Information platform and capacity building
· Prioritization of needs and defining required actions
Add a comment
Enter your details and a comment below, then click Submit Comment. We’ll review and publish the best comments.