Intern - Gender Issues
From Summer 2012 for 6 months
Closing Date: 09/06/2012
The International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), an independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation contributing to a better understanding of development and environment concerns in the contact of international trade, seeks to recruit a professional to fill the following position.
ICTSD’s Gender Issues Intern will explore and help ICTSD better define its niche and operationalise its work in this area. The Intern will identify resources, research, and relevant process where gender and broader differentiated impacts of trade policy may impact sustainable development. The intern will be involved in identifying areas within ICTSD’s work where gender-related analysis can provide insight into policymaking. The Intern will work across ICTSD’s programmes in collaboration with programmes and periodicals staff to identify scope of activity and potential opportunities.
- Research into identifying relevant analysis for ICTSD periodicals and programmes.
- Develop a Trade and Gender web page
- Support internal and external collaboration / exploration efforts with partners
- Assist in the production of relevant statistics and reporting data
- Examine and define gender participation and distribution in ICTSD dialogues and other activities
- Assist in liaising with partners, meeting invitees, contractors and ICTSD staff
- Ad hoc exploration of other initiatives involving Gender and Trade
- Help review papers, documents and articles for publication
- Willing to contribute to other projects/ programmes at ICTSD as needed.
- Person holding a university degree in Economics, Law, International Relations or similar
- 40 Hours per week availability throughout the Internship
- 6 Month commitment
- Strong spoken and writing skills in English. (French/other languages an asset)
- Self motivated, entrepreneurial attitude and approach with research skills
- Good organizational skills. Able to use and manipulate web and e-technology
- Background in Trade and/or Sustainable development
- Knowledge of the gender field and a burning desire to find out more, particularly to explore the intersections with trade policy
Stipend: CHF 600 per month + Travel Costs
Place of Work: ICTSD, International Environment House 2, 7 Chemin de Balexert, 1219 Châtelaine, Geneva, Switzerland.
ICTSD shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality.
Please submit a CV, Cover Letter, and a Writing Sample to [email protected] no later than 9th June 2012.